Our Board of Trustees
Dr Olabanji Surakat
LECTURER AND RESEARCH SCIENTIST
- Member, Parasitology & Public Health Society of Nigeria (PPSN)
- Member, Africa Research network on Neglected Tropical Diseases (ARNTD)
- Member, American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH).
2018 - Present: Lecturer II
Osun State University, Nigeria.
- Provide teaching and instruction materials for undergraduate Biological sciences students.
- Supervise final year projects, prepare examination questions and grade.
- Lead research teams into the study of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) and Malaria.
- Community service.
Scholarships, Awards and Prizes
Jan., 2020: Grant ($25,000).
African Research Network on Neglected Tropical Diseases (ARNTD) Small Grants Programme 2019 (SGP III, 2020). Funders (USAID & UKAID) Administered by the Coalition for Operational Research on NTDS (COR-NTD) at the NTD Support Center, Task Force for Global Health, Decatur, Atlanta, USA.
August 2019: Training Workshop Grant (₤2,500).
Facilitation of training for 100 scientists from Nigeria on Ethics in Biomedical Research and global best practices in the context of Preventive Chemotherapy Neglected Tropical Diseases (PC-NTDs). Funders, The Global Health Network (TGHN) at The University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
- Consultant, Global Fund, WHO, Gates Foundation, Sightsavers International, Carter Center, etc.
- Member Planning Committee, Female Genital Schistosomiasis Competencies Workshop. WHO, Grand Challenges Canada, Task Force for Global Health.
- Team lead, Operational Research on Integrated Transmission Assessment Survey (Pre F-iTAS and iTAS) of onchocerciasis and LF, Rivers State, Nigeria.
- Technical Advisor, to World Health Organization (WHO/APOC) on Training of Entomologist in Khartoum, Gaderef and other localities in The Republic of Sudan.
- Panelist, World Youth Forum, Egypt.
- Financial Secretary, Parasitology and Public Health Society of Nigeria
- 2016 - Ph.D, Parasitology - Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
- 2014 - M.Sc, Parasitology - Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
- 2009 - B.Sc, (Hons) Zoology - Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
- 2003 - SECONDARY SCHOOL LEAVING CERTIFICATE - Ijebu Ode Grammar School, Ogun State.
- Conferences Papers presented - 11.
- University of Washington, Seattle, USA - Leadership & Management in Health.
- World Health Organization - Training on Cytotaxonomic Identification of Black flies (Simulium damnosum).
- Programme for Appropriate Technology in health (PATH), USA. - Ov16 ELISSA.
- The Global Health Network, University of Oxford - ICH Good Clinical Practice E6 (R2) (ICH GCP) certificate.
- AfriBop African Immunology of Parasites, Pathogens and Pathogenesis. KEMRI Kenya. - Bioinformatics Training.
- Sex: Male
- Marital Status: Married
- Nationality: Nigerian
Requirements for PPSN Membership
- Pay N2000 for membership application fee
- Pay N3000 for membership annual dues for year 2022
All payments to PPSN GTB account 0027247210. Send evidence of payment.
After that, send the details below to 08033199315 via WhatsApp
- Full names
- Contact address
- Phone number
- Area of interest
- Email address
- Year of membership